Monday, November 30, 2009

88.5

I’ve been listening to 88.5 for the last four or so months now. For various reasons, when normally I was always adamantly against much radio listening and preferred my iPod to the monotony of public radio, I've figured something out. Driving home from school today, listening to it, I discovered philosophically why I like it: They play one in ten songs I know. Normally this is terrible because I hate change, but it allows me to leave the shores of my comfort, without actually changing anything. Then the one in ten songs that I do know, allows me to, if I become scared of losing sight of the shore, to have an anchor or line to pull myself back from. Yes, or I could totally just change the radio station to something else, but that would take away from the ridiculousness of the philosophizing I just did. Let me be weird, will you?

No comments: