Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Broadcasting

So far this semester I can with beaming confidence claim that I have discovered and learned some rather interesting knowledge. Albeit, that knowledge is not what I would perceive as beneficial to excelling in my courses. Today's tid-bit comes from Electronic Media. A class that it an enormous waste of my hard earned money, yet required to attain my degree.
Broadcasting; The term broadcasting, which we all know is commonly associated with TV, Radio, and other forms of media has its original roots in farming. Broadcasting was coined by farmers when technological advancements allowed the tilling of soil and planting of seeds at at high efficiency. The idea of broadcasting meant to sow(cast) seeds over a large(broad) expanse of land at one time.

Just in case you were feverishly searching for a topic that would make you look cool a party, I've got you covered. And you're welcome.

No comments: