Thursday, December 18, 2008

Up and At 'Em

Today was my first official day of Christmas break! Could've slept as late as I wanted. However, I've been trying to not excessively oversleep lately. You know, going to bed at four and sleeping until... four. To be honest, it isn't so much the time I go to bed as it is the time I get up. I went to bed around 2:30 last night, which isn't early by any means, but instead of zonking right away, I set my alarm for eight hours, so 10:30. For some that might be late but it's a substantial improvement from a single digit number in the P.M.'s. I realized that by sleeping that eight hours I feel so much more rest than if I had slept until whatever time I woke up. The REM cycles match up and all that cool jazz. So my alarm went off and I felt great, but I still had a little of the grogginess, but not enough to go back to sleep. Instead, I lay in my bed for another fifteen minutes and soaked up the warmth and the joy of not having to get up for anything. When you're not rushed, man you enjoy the simple things in life.

No comments: