Saturday, May 9, 2009

Men

Stereotypes are only stereotypes because that have some truth to them right? I'm positive of it, even if it means throwing "my kind" under the bus.

I was at CVS purchasing a card for Mother's Day. Walking in, another couple was right behind me and we all ended up in the card aisle together. When we reached the Mother's Day section, I'm assuming the wife, turned to her husband and said, "We need to get her something with flowers, see anything with flowers on it?" It would be natural to guess they were referring to her mother or another close relative. Well, after about 15 seconds she picks up her first card with a flower on it. Glancing at it for a moment she holds it up to her husband's face and asks, "How's this?" Proving once and for all the epitome of the male race, the man said in a boisterous, enthusiastic and yet monotone voice, "Perfect!" Turned, and proceeded to walk to the checkout.

Luckily, I was able to withhold my laughter until I could move further down the aisle, but the example remains stride and true: Most men really are insensitive, uncaring, and unsympathetic morons. Gosh I love being a guy.

No comments: