Sunday, March 22, 2009

Reposting!

Invariably while in bed this week, I was thinking; if I ever do go anywhere(When! Speak Positive!) with my writing, I’ll never be able to do the cool writer thing. Say what? The first two names as only initials and then the last name spelled out thing: C.S. Lewis, H.G. Wells, W.S. Merwin, H.P Lovecraft, J.K. Rowling, E.E. Cummings, JRR Tolkien, J.D. Salinger, you get the point. This would not work out for two reasons. The first is that all of the above are incredibly talented and renowned writers. Aspiring to their level would be ambitious but unlikely to be fulfilled. The second and more important issue is my initials. BSH. Let's break it down so you can see the true fault: B.S. Hartman. Hm, hm? Anyone seeing why that wouldn't be a good idea? Yeah, you know, the whole… BS thing?? Yeah, thought so. Readers picking up my book and the first thing they notice other than the title is that the author is BS? I just can't see that boding well. So much for that notion.

No comments: