Thursday, November 6, 2008

Months

I was at work yesterday when someone informed me that November has been dubbed 'Diabetes Awareness Month' by whomever dubs these sorts of things. That got me thinking, first, in a large scheme, how important is diabetes that we've actually labeled a month after it and, secondly, if we keep up this assigning of months, it won't be very long until we run out of available months (Universal dubbers out there, a reminder: there are only twelve). For instance, February is Black Heritage month, September is Hispanic Heritage Month, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and now November is Diabetes Awareness Month. I know there's more than this, and being unable to think of them currently is hurting my argument, but suffice it to say, we should all be aware this looming quandary no doubt exists.

No comments: