Saturday, February 28, 2009

#20

After 13 amazing years, half of which I wasn't even watching football, Brian Dawkins is no longer a Philadelphia Eagle. I'll be honest, I'm genuinely upset by this. No, seriously, I might cry at some point. I was positive that the Eagles would sign him back this year, based on his wishes to end his career as an Eagle, and the club appeared to have the intent of doing so. Philly offered him a small contract, but apparently Denver's was exceedingly better, and today he signed with the Bronco's. A couple other Eagles have been trading and well, that's fine, because they weren't the heart and soul of this team. Dawkins however, was, and it really saddens me to see him leave. Boy, the draft pick we get for this better be one heck of a player.

Ugh. So it goes.

No comments: