Friday, February 13, 2009

Thirteen and Fourteen

It's Friday the 13thhhh owwhhhH!!! Scary. Yeah, totally.

That's not why I'm posting this however. I'm posting in lieu of tomorrow. Yes, Valentines. I think because I have a sort of kind of Valentines this year I just wanted to reinforce my hatred of the last minute gifts and their overall cliche and tacky nature.

Chocolate. I hate it. Every guy who goes an hour before his date and buys a giant heart shaped Russel Stover box, should be shot. No questions asked. That's more blunt than saying, "I either completely forgot or I really just don't care about you at all." The devils advocate of this is that women LOVE chocolate. BUT we must remember it's still candy. Women are weight consciousness and this will not help that issue.

Teddy Bears/Stuff Animals. Really Pretty much just repeat everything I just said. Minus the gain weight part and add WHAT THE HECK ARE THEY GOING TO DO WITH A CHEAPY CORNY LOOKING TEDDY BEAR THAT SAYS IN GIANT BOLD LETTERS "I WUV U!"!?!?

Enormous/gaudy/overly sappy cards. Basically, because you don't have anything sincere or endearing to say to your significant other, you depend on a card to do it for you. Grow a pair and write something nice. And another thing, singing cards are a no. Cards as big as a piece of paper and larger, also a no. Crazy glitter everywhere(are you giving this to a 14 year old?) A no! Get something classy, with a central theme of your affection and appreciate and expound upon it.

The ironic thing is that because it's men buying these, their not even creative enough to have a large selection of really bad gifts. That's really it, and yet they rear their ugly/tacky/sappy/thoughtless heads and plague us once again. I'm not even a women and this hurts. ::sigh:: I truly feel bad for some of you ladies out there.

No comments: