Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday Discoveries

I may have said this before, but I wanted to elaborate. There's a Christian metal band I like called "Oh Sleeper". The name by itself sounds kind of odd and for two reasons I can think of immediately. 1) "I don't get it? What does the mean? And why is there an 'Oh' in it. That's weird." 2) There isn't much about metal music that makes you sleepy. It's probably difficult to dose off while someone is rocking out as hard as they do.

Luckily, I have answers!! It's part of a scripture from the bible!

Ephesians 5:14 "for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said: 'Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.'"

Wow! A Christian band with a name inspired by the bible, but not only that: They model their entire lyrical theme towards that end. All their lyrics contain references to finding light, waking up, spiritual warfare and rising from the dead. How cool is that??

No comments: