Thursday, February 26, 2009

Torn

As in, I'm torn between a choice. Kind of.

I found this new band via some random persons music player on Xanga. Yeah, sorry Blogger.com. Anyway, the band had this LinkinPark-esque sound and while I'm not an enormous fan of their music, it merited further research.

Well the band is called Hollywood Undead. They're music is great. They Rap, Sing, and Scream, pretty much all in the same song(every song). Which is totally cool. As much as I normally have a disdain for rap, these guys make it work. Unfortunately, as in much of rap, the lyrics are, well, explicit? Like, really really really. So much so that even the "Clean" versions sound filthy. Yeah. Luckily, of the 4/5 songs I really like, they're probably the least explicit. But the question is this: Because I like them, should I disregard that they've disregarded any sense of censorship? Or should I stay away from music so violent and negative for its majority? ..or something.

So if you want to look them up, just be warned.

I think I might get the clean versions of the songs I like, that seems like an acceptable compromise right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hollywood Undead constantly battle record labels in order to get their songs on the market. They've spent around three years putting out their first album because of censorship issues.

I understand we each have our own tolerance levels, but your comment kind of makes me feel like it's all been a waste. Oh well, I had to at least let you know. Wal-mart sells the edited version of the CD, but 's**t' is still on it if I remember correctly.

And, they're starting their Saints and Sinners tour today in Florida. Don't know where you live, but you should still be able to find tickets for one of the shows.