Monday, February 2, 2009

On Fans

By fans, I mean, watchers of sports, not wind-making-machines. Since the Super Bowl was last night, I've concluded something about fans. (And since it would be out of season to discuss it later) When the camera men pan to groups of fans during atheletic contests, the fans always become rabidly excited and cheer. The problem I've realized is the type of cheering that takes place. It does not matter the sport, there are three activities that take place: 1) "We're number one!!!!"-while holding up there pointer finger, even if in fact their team is the Detroit Lions. 2) "WOOOO!!! YEAH!! WOOOO!!!" and 3) Grabbing and vigorously shaking their teams respective jersey.

The reason I bring this up is because I think something needs to change. After a while, like anything else, that sort of becomes old and mundane. We as fans, need to come up with some better ways of expressing our jubilation about both being on TV and supporting our teams.

No comments: